CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Academic Awards

My mom and me after the program.
A picture with my dad (and Ethan... :) after the ceremony.

Standing up there with the 4 other kids who won the Golden Circle Award. The one on the right of me is actually one of my best friends!
Shaking all the teachers' hands... :)
Our school had an "Academic Awards" celebration and I was chosen to go. I got 4 academic awards for doing good in school, 1 achievement award for being exceptionally kind, positive, or helping others, and 1 Presidential Award for keeping a higher than 3.5 GPA for the whole 8th grade year. But, most importantly, I got the Golden Circle Award. This award is given to 5 eighth grade students who contribute greatly to the school in academics, service, citizenship, athletics, and more. I was HONORED to get this award! I was very happy and surprised. I got a plaque with my name on it and my name engraven on a plaque in the school for everyone to see!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Way to go Lex!!! That is so amazing!! Keep up the good work! You are incredible!

hambunch said...

Thanks! Oh my gosh Laura! I saw the pics on your blog. You must be SO excited that JD is home! Are things going well?